• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can I improve the signal on my HD box?

kyle286

Standard Member
My box is in my bedroom which comes off a splitter downstairs up to my box through a coax cable. But my signal is 76% max, Can I improve this in any way or any devices I can buy? Its a long cable which I dont want to replace. Thanks. :thumbsup:

PhilipL

Hi

You don't say if you have any problems with reception, such has freezing pictures or drop-outs?

If not, you don't need to do anything. Picture quality on Freeview doesn't change with signal strength, so even if you had 100% signal level or 10% signal level, providing it works, the picture quality is identical.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Phil

Gavtech

Administrator
But my signal is 76% max,

...and if that 76% refers to signal strength rather than quality then it is an ideal figure.

Neither too strong nor too weak, either of which can cause problems.

kyle286

Standard Member
Hi

You don't say if you have any problems with reception, such has freezing pictures or drop-outs?

If not, you don't need to do anything. Picture quality on Freeview doesn't change with signal strength, so even if you had 100% signal level or 10% signal level, providing it works, the picture quality is identical.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Phil

Thanks lads, but its a eurovox ex7000hd and the picture lags when the signals bad. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom