Can I have Sky+ in 2nd room ?

ecurran1969

Standard Member
Hi

In my living room I have sky+ box with two coax cables connected. Upstairs I have standard sky box ( no hardrive ) and have one coax connected.

Question is, can I buy a 2nd sky+ box for upstairs & record onto hardrive ( like in living room ) or do I need a 2nd cable from the sat dish to the upstairs ?

Thanks

ecurran

fernandez

Novice Member
You can use a Sky+ box with a single LNB input but, of course, you won't be able to watch one and record another.

This thread explains
http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-sky/915525-connecting-sky-plus-one-lnb-feed.html

I assume that you have Multiroom (in which case you will need to have the second card enabled for the + features) as recording is not possible without a subscription - or a payment of £9.75/month to record the free channels

ecurran1969

Standard Member
Hi Fernandez

Thank you for the reply & advice.

For the upstairs bedroom there is a skycard & we have multiroom. In theory, if i run a cable to the sat dish ( if there is a spare connector ) to the sky box in the bedroom & install a sky + box, can I then use the sky box just the same as the one downstairs ?

Thank you

ecurran

Last edited:

fernandez

Novice Member
For the upstairs bedroom there is a skycard & we have multiroom. In theory, if i run a cable to the sat dish ( if there is a spare connector ) to the sky box in the bedroom & install a sky + box, can I then use the sky box just the same as the one dowstairs ?
Yes, just phone Sky to get the + features activated on the Multiroom card.
It will work with one LNB input but for full functionality it's better to connect both (as my first reply)
You probably have a quad (4 output LNB) so there will be sufficient spares. If not, a quad LNB is cheap enough and there are plenty of thread on here about fitting/changing LNBs

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom