1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I have karaoke on cambridge audio amp?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by lizmil, Sep 20, 2005.

1. lizmil

lizmil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just upgrade to a Cambridge Audio Azur 540R amp. I used to have a Tiny but it kept blowing my speakers.

Is it possible to have karaoke through the amp - and if so, how do I do it? I used to be able to plug two microphone's into the front of the Tiny amp.

Sorry but I'm new to this and a little lost I think.
    Thanks, Liz

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    To run karaoke through a standard amp you need a mixer to connect all the sources together. A standard amp will only work with a single input at any time, but for karaoke you need the music and mics all working together.
    Just plug the music source and mics into the mixer and adjust the volume of each from there. You should be able to pick up a cheap mixer from the likes of www.maplin.co.uk (just do a search on there for karaoke and see what it offers).

Mark.

3. alphabet

alphabet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your other option is to get a cheap DVD player with microphone inputs. Just bear in mind that in this case the microphone only works via the analogue output of the player and not the digital outputs, but that is not a problem.