Macman100

Novice Member
Hi, I have a 12 month old Xbox One S and really enjoying it, but I cant help but look at getting a Series S as well. Am I able to have both consoles at home, under my same username for both? And how does it work for games, ie, I have Dirt5 on Xbox One S, if I also had a Series S would I be able to have the game on BOTH consoles, or would it only allow me to choose between the One S or the Series S? I would never have both consoles on at the same time.

The reason i want to keep the One S is because its still relatively new to me and as I have a Seagate 2TB external drive, it would be the console I use for non-optimised games as well as handy for storage. My plan would be to have only the optimised or Series S/X specific games only on the Series S hard drive as I wouldnt be able to afford any expansion storage for it.

hope that makes sense! Im just trying to get my head around the logistics of having a last gen, and current gen console together.

thank you.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Simple answer is Yes.

As long as its Digital Games then yes, they are your games and console. No different to loading up a purchased Digital Movie or Spotify on a few different devices.

Obviously the games that have been Optimised on Series S will need updating and to be played on the internal Drive.

amardilo

Distinguished Member
Hi, I have a 12 month old Xbox One S and really enjoying it, but I cant help but look at getting a Series S as well. Am I able to have both consoles at home, under my same username for both? And how does it work for games, ie, I have Dirt5 on Xbox One S, if I also had a Series S would I be able to have the game on BOTH consoles, or would it only allow me to choose between the One S or the Series S? I would never have both consoles on at the same time.

The reason i want to keep the One S is because its still relatively new to me and as I have a Seagate 2TB external drive, it would be the console I use for non-optimised games as well as handy for storage. My plan would be to have only the optimised or Series S/X specific games only on the Series S hard drive as I wouldnt be able to afford any expansion storage for it.

hope that makes sense! Im just trying to get my head around the logistics of having a last gen, and current gen console together.

thank you.

As said above if you own it digitally you can play it where ever (as the Series S has no disc drive those game would have to be digital).

You could keep your non-Series X|S optimised games on that external HDD and plug it into whichever console you are playing (if it's the Series S then the backwards compatible titles would get stuff like better load times and some Xbox One games are "Gen 9 Aware" so you have the same game on that external HDD but on the Series S it has some improvements like Halo: MCC, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2).

Macman100

Novice Member
Thank you both! So it is safe to say (using Dirt5 as the example again), that I could have that game saved and working on both consoles (ie, saved twice so I wouldnt have to keep swapping storage over between the two), with the Series S version optimised to the best version?

and yes, its a digital game.

Last edited:

amardilo

Distinguished Member
Thank you both! So it is safe to say (using Dirt5 as the example again), that I could have that game saved and working on both consoles (ie, saved twice so I wouldnt have to keep swapping storage over between the two), with the Series S version optimised to the best version?

and yes, its a digital game.

Yes.

Just download and install it directly on your Series S when you get the console.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom