Can I have BBC Freesat and Sky+ through the same dish?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Fish80, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Fish80

Fish80
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

My parents currently have Sky HD and I have a multiroom Sky + subscription. They want to cancel their subscription and get BBC Freesat through the mini dish we already have.

Would it be possible for me to take over their subscription and downgrade to Sky+ and for us to receive both signals through the same dish?

I hope that makes sense. Can anyone help?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    First off you already receive signals from the same dish using the 4 independent LNB feeds (2 for SKY+ and 2 for SKY+HD) so swapping one of those boxes for a Freesat PVR or even single tuner box is no problem.

The question is do you/they understand the £10 multiroom ceases to exist so to get whatever PAY channel line up you have now you will have to pay full price and your parents would have to pay around £290 for the Freesat PVR (recoup some by selling the SKY+HD) and in the process gain ITVHD but lose CH4HD. I assume they could never go back to a single tuner box over a twin tuner PVR:)
    It may be better for you to have the package you want and then have multiroom to provide the parents with both SD content, BBCHD/Ch4HD and sky+ functions on the existing SKY+HD.

Welcome to the forum:)