Quantcast

Can I have a HCPC and will it be any good ?

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Ok have a P4 2.66Ghz CPU - WinXP - 512MB of Ram and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and The latest Creative Audigy internal Soundcard

I also have a Panasonic AE100 Projector

Currently watch DVDs via my Toshiba 510 which is connected via component out to the PJ and optical out to my Denon A1D

So the questions are

What cable do I need to connect my video card to the PJ

and will I notice anything better by using my PC ?

philipb

If you have DVI on the PJ, use that. Otherwise use VGA. If you have neither of those, you will need a DVI to component converter.

Use a good DVD player - I like Theatertek, but Zoomplayer, WinDVD and others are all very good - and you will be gobsmacked at the quality of the playback. Takes some time to get it set up properly but well worth it.

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Ok - so what cable do I need to connect my graphics card to the PJ?

My card has standard VGA out and DVI out - the DVI is currently connected to my monitor

A

am1001aa

The AE100 doen't have a dvi - so you should use the VGA.

Get powerstrip and do a search in this forum for the 1:1 pixel mapping settings.

I find both powerdvd and windvd give good images (particularily powerdvd 5 imo).

The picture is very good with VGA and powerstrip

I think you'll see a good improvement over the toshiba - much better colours and detail.

Good luck

A

am1001aa

All items for sale/wanted in the hardware classifieds please.

[Kramer]

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Thanks for offer but im going to need about 10 meters to do it

Just what sort of performance and image can I hope to get? and what are the benefits?

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
What would I ned powerstrip for ?

What would it do

and just how much of an improvement could I hope for ?

A

am1001aa

Powerstrip lets you optimise the settings to get 1:1 pixel mappings. I got my settings from another thread. The resolution to run 1:1 is 856 x 480.

I have used dvd as sources as well as pcs and the difference is worth having. If its well set up you'll see no or less screen judders in pan shots, richer colours and more detail. No dvd player that I have tried has looked as good. You also have lots of picture adjustment controls with eg windvd or powerdvd.

All you need to try it is a 10m cable. Shouldn't cost too much.

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Anyone know where I can obtain a 10m Male to Male Monitor cable from please ?

Tried Maplins catalouge and they only have a 2M cable