Can I get sonos to power my yamaha receiver on when I start streaming music?

lukematik

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a sonos system for multiple rooms in my house, and I connected a Sonos Port unit to stream to my home theater speakers through my yamaha RX-V679 receiver. The receiver wakes nicely when I power up my tv or appletv unit, and these are connected via HDMI. Not so for sonos, so as a result I can play to every other room in the house with just a tap on my phone, but to play through that receiver I need to go get the receiver remote.

Is there a way to get the sonos Port unit to wake the receiver and switch to that input as soon as I stream music to it, so I don’t have to go get the remote to power up the receiver separately? the port unit is connected to the audio 1 channel via red and white rca cables. It does have a digital coaxial out that is not being used, but I don’t know it using that would make a difference?

Secondly, is there a way to get the receiver to switch “scenes” based on which input activates it? I would love it if it not only powered Up when sonos streams music, but also switched from Dolby surround sound to 7 channel stereo, then back to Dolby surround when I stream through Apple TV or another A/V input. I can’t seem to get it to do this, and have to manually switch “scenes” every time I want to play music, if I want it to sound the way I like.

Onkyo TX-NR686 has this feature called "Works with Sonos" but not your Yamaha I'm afraid.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom