Can I get rid of "Press Red Button" on my 46PZ80?

lara

Standard Member
Hi,

Just wondered if there is a way to get rid of the annoying pop ups on BBC
PRESS RED BUTTON.

I've got a new TV and am worried that if I leave it on then I may get screen burn ( paranoia ?!? )

Is there a way of controlling the pop ups, thanks?

kempez

Yep, press the green button if it's freeview :)

kempez

Well due to the wonderful way the BBC uses 'dogs', it may appear when certain programs come on :(

Paul MC007

Hi,

Just wondered if there is a way to get rid of the annoying pop ups on BBC
PRESS RED BUTTON.

I've got a new TV and am worried that if I leave it on then I may get screen burn ( paranoia ?!? )

Is there a way of controlling the pop ups, thanks?

Well, I posted almost exactly the same thing on another thread a couple of weeks back. Basically I have just got the Panasonic 42" PX80 - great tv (and I am glad I got it when I did, £499 three weeks back in Curry's) ..they are like gold-dust now, apparently...and that price has long since disappeared!

Anyway, yes, going back to the red button issue. It really, really bugs me, as on Freeview I don't think (as others have said) that it can be turned off. Depends what channels you watch as to the frequency of this red button prompt appearing... BBC1 it will always come on during the news, other shows that have interactive content too, like quiz shows etc...

The reason I am paranoid about it (causing bad image retention if left???) is that my wife has the tv on alot during the day for my 2 year old on C Beebies. Obviously, as others have mentioned, you can press green on your remote to get rid of it, but on a channel like C Beebies, it keeps on coming back almost every half hour or so .... really, really annoying as obviously alot of the time it just stays there as my wife doesn't notice it (I've told her to press the green button if she thinks about it when she see's it!!!)

So, yes, it can be really, really annoying.

Actually, I must confess, I don't think it has actually caused any image retention what so ever, so I am probably worrying over absolutely nothing, but I do wish you could permantley just switch the thing off!!!!!!

ChillyHilly

Standard Member
I have the same fear with my new PH46PZ80 - my little uns love CBeebies. I've tried training them to press the green button, but they have more important things to concern themselves with - I've resorted to setting the picture aspect to Zoom 1, as the red button then goes beyond the screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom