Can I get parts for a Panasonic plasma 60ST60 if I buy one?

cavasian

Novice Member
My Samsung plasma from 2009 just died and technician says it has 2 bad boards.
I'm thinking of buying a used Panasonic 60st60 plasma which is one of the last models they made.
I can get one for $220 with 10,000 hours on it or one for $350 with 6,500 hours on it.
I'm thinking of getting the cheaper of the two to minimize investment in an older tv.
On the thread where people post hours they have on their plasmas, either of these tvs would seem to be fine for quite a while from that perspective.
However, I only want to buy it if I'm sure it could be repaired if any of the boards fail.
I've seen that boards can fail at any time, especially the power supply board.
I'd hate to get one of these tvs and then have a board fail in a few months with no way to repair it. I'm in the united states by the way.
I can see some power supply boards that are being sold and lot of places that are out of stock so not sure if I'll be able to find whatever PCB I need if one fails.
I'm really thinking about just the next 3 years or so. Hoping by then the OLED 65K panels will be more like $1K than what they are now.
Anyone that has any experience finding parts for those or any opinions on which of these sounds like a better deal, PLEASE let me know!

cydavidho

My Samsung plasma from 2009 just died and technician says it has 2 bad boards.
I'm thinking of buying a used Panasonic 60st60 plasma which is one of the last models they made.
I can get one for $220 with 10,000 hours on it or one for $350 with 6,500 hours on it.
I'm thinking of getting the cheaper of the two to minimize investment in an older tv.
On the thread where people post hours they have on their plasmas, either of these tvs would seem to be fine for quite a while from that perspective.
However, I only want to buy it if I'm sure it could be repaired if any of the boards fail.
I've seen that boards can fail at any time, especially the power supply board.
I'd hate to get one of these tvs and then have a board fail in a few months with no way to repair it. I'm in the united states by the way.
I can see some power supply boards that are being sold and lot of places that are out of stock so not sure if I'll be able to find whatever PCB I need if one fails.
I'm really thinking about just the next 3 years or so. Hoping by then the OLED 65K panels will be more like $1K than what they are now.
Anyone that has any experience finding parts for those or any opinions on which of these sounds like a better deal, PLEASE let me know!
Later plasma generations in general are in pretty good quality, most likely you can continue to use it for many years without any issues.

From buying parts perspective, eBay is a good place. However, probably you don’t need to worry too much, just enjoy watching plasma while you can find one.

In theory, plasma can last for 100,000 hours, which ever one you choose, still have plenty of life in it. Enjoy!

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom