Can I get extended warranty with LG for a TV?

JennyJames

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I'm able to get a brand new LG 55 C1 TV for £1000 but it only comes with manufacturer warranty.

Is it worth it to pay extra elsewhere for retailer warranty?

If so, am I able to pay LG for an extended warranty (I read they generally only offer 2 years warranty)?

Or should I just wait until John Lewis or Richer Sounds offer the CX for £1000? I should mention that they won't price match because the place I am buying from isn't strictly a retailer and so cannot offer any retailer warranty.

I should also mention that it is not stolen lol, it's a bona fide organisation, it's just that they are offering the TV in return for some other work.

Thanks.

For peace of mind, I would buy from JL or RS with the 6 year warranty. Your choice though!

Hi guys.

I'm able to get a brand new LG 55 C1 TV for £1000 but it only comes with manufacturer warranty.

Is it worth it to pay extra elsewhere for retailer warranty?

If so, am I able to pay LG for an extended warranty (I read they generally only offer 2 years warranty)?

Or should I just wait until John Lewis or Richer Sounds offer the CX for £1000? I should mention that they won't price match because the place I am buying from isn't strictly a retailer and so cannot offer any retailer warranty.

I should also mention that it is not stolen lol, it's a bona fide organisation, it's just that they are offering the TV in return for some other work.

Thanks.
Are you getting the tv via the insiders programme?

I was planning on it, yes, but I guess it's too late now.

What are your thoughts on the warranty side?
As you say it’s too late now anyway ,but I was offered a place too and turned it down due to the very uncertain warranty situation ,and certain small print on the site

Did you guys check the hotuk thread on that Very.co.uk LG 55" oled deal the other day?

threads here:

Some guys mentioned since very only did an 12 month offer it was a deal breaker but am sure within one of those pages some said LG left an extended warranty card in the box with a optional cover of 6-7 quid per month, you may need to read thru it properly so its possible LG do offer an extended cover plan directly, might be worth asking LG on live chat or email also.

Did you guys check the hotuk thread on that Very.co.uk LG 55" oled deal the other day?

threads here:

Some guys mentioned since very only did an 12 month offer it was a deal breaker but am sure within one of those pages some said LG left an extended warranty card in the box with a optional cover of 6-7 quid per month, you may need to read thru it properly so its possible LG do offer an extended cover plan directly, might be worth asking LG on live chat or email also.
Live chat was closed for me yesterday but today didn't give me much hope:

Capture2.PNG

Live chat was closed for me yesterday but today didn't give me much hope:

View attachment 1506426

Well that pretty much is terrible from LG as an manufacturer, wonder why they are offering very.co.uk LG oled customers a warranty card in the box then, it boggles the mind when a company says no to money.

I don't have too much faith with LG QC or any OLED for that matter (my cx broke down in 3 months) so would suggest if possible always get a 5 or 6 year warranty or extended cover.

The only other way possible is LG does do a panel replacement service for about £250, and 3rd party TV repairers probably could repair the OLED if it breaks down after 12 months.

Perhaps biting off more here but maybe try with LG chat support to see if they offer out of warranty repairs on TVs beyond 12 months especially OLEDs or any local repairers LG authorised ones ?

They should know of 3rd party repairers since I was contacted by a local TV repairer who was LG authorised to repair my OLED.....

Thanks. I'm sad that your cx broke down after 3 months. My Toshiba regza lost its backlight 5 years after purchase. I replaced a £20 part and it's been working fine for the last 5 years.

@JennyJames if you still want a C1 if you head over to LG you can buy direct from them and go in live chat and they will give you 10% off ,they are assuring me they come with a 5 year warranty

Thanks but I can't justify over £1000. I'm still waiting on a decent deal on the CX!

Well that pretty much is terrible from LG as an manufacturer, wonder why they are offering very.co.uk LG oled customers a warranty card in the box then, it boggles the mind when a company says no to money.

I don't have too much faith with LG QC or any OLED for that matter (my cx broke down in 3 months) so would suggest if possible always get a 5 or 6 year warranty or extended cover.

The only other way possible is LG does do a panel replacement service for about £250, and 3rd party TV repairers probably could repair the OLED if it breaks down after 12 months.

Perhaps biting off more here but maybe try with LG chat support to see if they offer out of warranty repairs on TVs beyond 12 months especially OLEDs or any local repairers LG authorised ones ?

They should know of 3rd party repairers since I was contacted by a local TV repairer who was LG authorised to repair my OLED.....
Hey. I ended up buying the CX from RicherSounds.

I'm typing to confirm that there is a warranty card in the box offering extended warranty for £6 a month.

Must be a standard thing.

Hey. I ended up buying the CX from RicherSounds.

I'm typing to confirm that there is a warranty card in the box offering extended warranty for £6 a month.

Must be a standard thing.

That is good news, so clearly LG have no idea about extended or warranties when they supply the actual extended warranty option card in their own tv boxes.

As you say it’s too late now anyway ,but I was offered a place too and turned it down due to the very uncertain warranty situation ,and certain small print on the site
Just seen this, do you mind telling me what small print you are on about? If you still remember lol, been offered the 65 C2 for £1350

Just seen this, do you mind telling me what small print you are on about? If you still remember lol, been offered the 65 C2 for £1350
Haha , go for it mate , I’ve gone for a 77G2 from them last week 👍

Haha , go for it mate , I’ve gone for a 77G2 from them last week 👍
atleast you get 5 years warranty eh. I only get the 1 year so not sure, seems troublesome since our current tv is a plasma we had for like 11 years.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom