Can I get dolby atmos for £300??

canada16uk

Hey, I'm looking for a good soundbar and sub for 300.00
Its going in a bedroom so it's not filling up a whole living room.
Is there anything that gets good ratings?
I've seen the sonos, but to add a sub to that is stupid price, I'm just looking for something half decent to go in my bedroom.
I was looking at that denon DHT-S316 for 199.00, not sure if thats any good?

I'm thinking any atmos system for 300 is going to be garbage?

Thanks all

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Hey, I'm looking for a good soundbar and sub for 300.00
Its going in a bedroom so it's not filling up a whole living room.
Is there anything that gets good ratings?
I've seen the sonos, but to add a sub to that is stupid price, I'm just looking for something half decent to go in my bedroom.
I was looking at that denon DHT-S316 for 199.00, not sure if thats any good?

I'm thinking any atmos system for 300 is going to be garbage?

Thanks all
I had that Denon delivered this evening and had a good play with it tonight.

It's good. Not as good as my low end 5.1 DD amp and surround speakers but a great compromise in terms of ridiculously low price, small footprint, ease of use and quality sound.

My lounge is average sized. and no issues filling it with the sound from this.

I picked it up for £150 in a warehouse deal and whilst the box was battered, the unit appeared brand new.

canada16uk

Yeah I have a top of the line monitor audio golds downstairs, I'm just looking for something half decent for under 300.00.

The denon for 200 seems to get good reviews.

After looking, it seems these entry level atmos bars are garbage, and get poor reviews for height and presence.

I can always return it to amazon if I don't like it.

I really appreciate your input.

UMAR 3:16

If you have a good system in another I would forget atmos for £300. I have two system (see sig) and the soundbar system is the top of the line Sonos Dolby atmos system. I still struggle to hear atmos from it. My advice is for £300 get a good soundbar. The beam is excellent and if you look here you can pick it up for under £300

canada16uk

I have been looking at the sonos, but there is no subwoofer, and if I wanted one its way to expensive.

I would love to buy the sonos, but not paying double the price for a subwoofer.

I think it's nearly 600.00 isn't it?

That's nearly a 1000 for decent movie sound which is triple what I want to pay.

I can't see the sonos bar alone being really good at bass for movies? Can it?

I have been looking at the sonos, but there is no subwoofer, and if I wanted one its way to expensive.

I would love to buy the sonos, but not paying double the price for a subwoofer.

I think it's nearly 600.00 isn't it?

That's nearly a 1000 for decent movie sound which is triple what I want to pay.

I can't see the sonos bar alone being really good at bass for movies? Can it?
I had the beam for two years without any rears or sub. At low volumes it was really good with bass. What I love most about the Sonos eco system is that you can upgrade over time. I’d definitely recommend rears as it really does give you an excellent surround experience. The sub is very expensive for what it is but if you look here you can get it at around 400-450 mark. But you only need to do this if you wanted.

canada16uk

So are you saying, well you probably don't know as you don't own both, but I'll get a better soundstage and possibly better base with the sonos soundbar on its own over the denon which has a sub?

So are you saying, well you probably don't know as you don't own both, but I'll get a better soundstage and possibly better base with the sonos soundbar on its own over the denon which has a sub?
Yes, I don’t own the Denon but from listening to the beam the soundstage is excellent.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Sold my LG SN11 7.1.4 soundbar in the classifieds for £450 last week. £150 above your budget. Keep watching our classifieds

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom