Can i get a Sky subscription on its own? Without box and installation..

TimInIreland

Standard Member
Reaction score
This might be a silly question, one that could prob be answered with a quick call to Sky... But i thought I would ask you guys first...

I used to have Sky years ago, and still have the mini dish on the wall, which i have been using with a Freesat recorder for over a year now.

My cousin got Sky+ HD earlier this year, but he is soon to move out of his place, into his girlfriends, who has already got Sky+ HD etc..

So he plans to give me his box. So i'll have the dish already installed, and the box connected, but obviously I need a viewing card and a subscription

I havent been able to find any option on the Sky site just to sign up for a sub, without having to do the whole installation thing, and free box etc.. I dont need all that..

So is it possible just to sign up to a subscription from Sky on its own?

Cheers. Tim.

Yes.

Given the benefits of being classed as a new subscriber taking a full priced sub doesn't make a lot of sense, yes less hassle with installers offering a fully guaranteed brand new install (which you could then tell them, no worries I'm happy with the existing dish and the installers and the consumer both benefit).

Worse case, brand new or used SKY+HD on ebay to recoup some of the subscription costs.

So is it possible just to sign up to a subscription from Sky on its own?

You'll probably be the only person in the UK to do that, so why not negotiate a discount?

I got 50% off snow chains last July for being in a similar position. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom