1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I force pin 16 high, to get RGB all the time?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Jon Weaver, May 22, 2002.

1. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +639
    In case you arn't aware, Pin 16 tells the TV whether the incoming signal is RGB or Composite.

I have Sky+ and a Sony KV36FS70.

When you press the 'Sky' button on the Sky+ remote, Pin16 goes high, and my Sony TV goes into RGB.

When you press the 'TV' button, Pin16 goes low and you get Composite.

Then means that if you press 'TV', to do something on the TV, you get a crap picture.. However, its not always possible to press the 'Sky' button again, as it can cause a recorded program to stop playback (which annoys my missus)

To solve this, I need to 'force' Pin16 'high' (i.e provide a 1-3v signal to it).. When this is done, the TV will ALWAYS be in RGB. Is there any of Pin in the SCART which I could use, which always has a voltage on it?

2. Jon_boy

Jon_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also bugged by a similar problem. AV1 by default is composite (when I want it to be RGB) and also AV2 (I want this to be svhs).
    The order by default is TV > AV1 > RGB (AV1) > AV2 > YC2 (AV2) > AV3 for ext. connections
    I have a Sony KV-32DS20U, does anyone know if it is possible to set these preferences within a menu, perhaps within service mode ? or disable the composites altogether.
    Auto switching is such a good idea, but its just dumb that you still have to reach for the remote to change to the alternate input for that socket. BTW my previous TV was a Panasonic where the inputs were selectable with a switch by the scart itself... what a good idea eh.

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Jon Boy

I know how you feel, I used to have the same TV.

I've heard the service menu for Sony's mentioned before on this forum and the setting S-Video as default was mentioned.
    Do a search.

Also, do you have a DVD player?

If so, when playing extras that are in 4:3 does your TV constantly switch between 4:3 and Wide?

It did on mine and I found this VERY annoying.

No such problems of any of the above on my current Tosh TV.