1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i do this

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hixy, Feb 14, 2003.

1. hixy

hixy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can i connect my dav 300s to a av amp and just use it as a dvd player.then could i use my dynaudio 42s as the front speakers and all so connect my exposure intergrated amp to it, or would this screw up the sound quality of my exposure amp
    thanks mick

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +450
    From what I can tell on Sony's web site ... the DAVS300 doesn't have a digital output so there is no way to connect it to another AV Amp.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying with your dynaudio 42s and the exposure amp though. Do you already have an AV Amp?

On the assumption that you have an AV Amp (or are going to buy one) and also a pair of Dynaudio 42s connected the an Exposure integrated amp, and that you are looking for the best quality you can for AV and to keep the sound quality for stereo through the exposure ...

First off ... sell the DAVS300 ... not sure what the going rate for one second hand would be (the DAVS400 is £250 at Richer Sounds so possibly the 300 is only worth £100-150) ... but you should have at least enough for a decent DVD player. Now go out and buy a Toshiba SD220e (£100 at Richer Sounds or £120 MR).

Now the DVD player's digital output (co-ax or digital) is connected to your AV Amp. Also connected directly to your AV amp are centre, and rear surround speakers. If you're having to buy speakers ... look at getting a matching Dynaudio centre (the 42c) with smaller rear surround speakers. Hopefully your AV amp also has pre-outs for the front left and right. You connect these into a spare input on your Exposure amp (anything except for phono), adjust the level on the Exposure to arround 12o'clock. Now using the AV amps level adjustment, you need to ballance the level of all the speakers.

Now when you want to listen to music, turn the Exposure down to the correct level, and select the CD (or whatever) input. When you want to watch a film, select the AV Amp input on the Exposure, increae the volume to 12o'clock, and enjoy. :)

Hope this helps ... if not let us know what equipment you have ... and we can try to help you more with what you're trying to achieve.

Victoria