Question Can I Do A Factory Reset, What's The Best Way, Will It Help

kah22

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Packard Bell EasyNote TE with 8GB ram and a 500 g hard drive with Windows 10. To be honest it is the worst computer I’ve ever used. Fortunately I do most of my work on an iPad and only use the EasyNote for the likes of letters, Excel Workbooks and when I want type something and need to do re-edits. Like this

The computer is desperately slow to boot up, the volume from the laptop is awful and it just hasn’t the feel of quality about it. Some files seem to have been deleted or missing , and maybe that is part of the problem.

As it is really only a backup machine, there is nothing of importance on it, a machine I don’t mind the children messing with. So I though of doing a reinstall but discovered that I haven’t got the original Windows disc. It was my nephew who set the machine up in the first place (he’s the family geek J ) for me in the first place, and well it’s like last years snow – the disk is gone!

Anyway I’m looking advice. I know I can reset my laptop and there would appear to be three options: remove apps and settings but keep personal files; remove everything including personal files; and finally do a factory reset.

As it is a backup computer my feeling would be that a full factory reset would be the best idea that maybe that would sort the problem. However, as I mentioned above I don’t have my original copy of Windows and I don’t have, or know where to find the activation key. Can I go ahead and do a factory reset, will the computer recognize that I was running a legitimate copy of Windows. The options I’ve read seem to suggest the machine will recognize the original version of Windows that was installed on the computer. What to do?

As always many thanks for your help.

Kevin

If you have the original coa (windows code on a sticker somewhere on the laptop) you can download the proper windows I.s.o from Microsoft them burn to disk and install.

Google it

Ice

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom