1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I delete parts of a program.. ie adverts on Sky+ ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by chrisjoanne, Oct 6, 2004.

1. chrisjoanne

chrisjoanne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just a quick post to see if adverts etc can be deleted on Sky+

I record VH1 and VH2 on my DVD recorder and have to manually delete the adverts or the songs I don't want. This can be time consuming but its great to have hours upon hours of my favourite songs on DVD disc with no adverts from the likes of those "ringtone adverts" and loan shark companies.

What I'm likely to do is record around 10 hours of VH2 (or any music channel) onto the Sky+ hard drive, then play back and record the songs I wish to keep onto disc. I can therefore scan the playlist very quickly.

If I could do the deleting via the Sky+ box it would make things a bit easier.

Also does anyone know where to get the instruction manual from online.

Chris
    for cracking deals click here

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    You can not edit any recorded content on the SKY+ hard drive.
    You would need to play the recorded programing onto a platform with suitable editing facilites such as a DVD/HD recorder or PC, you will of course lose some quality due to the analogue SKY+ output being re-encoded using mpegII or other codec.

I did something similar last year, recorded MTV over night on SKY+ and then capped the videos I wanted to my PC using mpegII, a bit of editing/authoring and burning you have what you want on a DVD.

3. chrisjoanne

chrisjoanne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers Starburst for your answer.
    I think I'll just copy direct to my DVD recorder from the Sky+ recording and use a RW disc to then delete the adverts etc.

Chris

4. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I vaguely recall many years ago, Hitach bringing out a VCR that paused during adverts. Then it disappeared. Maybe Hitachi got paid off for pulling it.