Quantcast

Can i connect sky into an s video input

mancboy

Standard Member
I have a sky digibox downstairs and a projector upstairs, however the only available input on the projector is s video, is it possible to run a cable from the sky digibox in order to plug this in.

Any help would be good

nick270881

you should be able to get a scart to s-video converter, i got one for my playstation from maplins, £6 i think! But it depends how long the cable is going to be!

D

DarrenL

I'm not so sure you can get RF to s-video connectors and besides you would be downgrading the quality of the feed.

S-Video is superior to RF/Aerial since it splits the colour and the brightness into 2 seperate signals. Soyou would be better off using the Sky s-video output anyway.

Try here ...

http://www.avbits.com/acatalog/video_cables_scart_cables_svhs_adaptors_accessories.html

They do a 20mtr s-video lead for £15. I was thinking of buying one myself to replace my current RF linkand hence get a better picture upstairs.

dogtanian38

Standard Member
mancboy said:
I have a sky digibox downstairs and a projector upstairs, however the only available input on the projector is s video, is it possible to run a cable from the sky digibox in order to plug this in.

Any help would be good
No. Sky digiboxes DO NOT output SVHS via the scart socket. Sky+ boxes DO output SVHS. A cheap £8 convertor will not work, as the pins are not connected properly inside the digibox. All the cheap convertors do is change the format/style of the various connectors on a scart socket, but all pins on the scart have to work in the first place for this to be of use.

The projector surely has a yellow phono "composite" input that could be used?

D

DarrenL

Apologies, I forgot that the standard box doesn't have s-video.

Best solution is ...get sky+. Its worth every penny!

Nick_UK

Banned
I think 20 metres is about the limit.

Top Bottom