1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I connect RGB to my AE100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by corky, Aug 9, 2002.

1. corky

corky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, This is my first projector and whilst searching for one i noticed that very few had scart inputs. I was told though that RGB scart can go into the VGA port of a projector via a modified cable or adaptor. Is this so? I ask as my games consoles when connected to a CRT television gave the best picture via the RGB scart and I would like that same quality when using the projector. My DVD player is connected component to component so no worries there. Is Component inferior to RGB? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scart to VGA isn't possible with the AE-100.

Have a look through earlier posts for more info re all connections, I think you'll find it's all there.

3. corky

corky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. After looking around on the web I understand that the Horizontal Scanning Frequency has to start at 15 KHz for an RGB to VGA adaptor to work properly. A projector like the Sony VPL-VW11HT would have suited my needs better. AE100 now on Ebay if anyone is interested. Have also found an RGB to VGA adaptor (http://www.rgbtosvideo.com) and was wandering if anyone has had any experience with this item or can reccomend something else. Many Thanks. Chris