Can I Connect PC to Loewe Vitros?

S

spinkfloyd

Is this possible to run a PC through the Vitros?
If so what leads will I need and where should I connect them to the Vitros?
The following equipment is already connected to the Vitros, VCR, SONY SET TOP BOX, DVD PLAYER, and SONY PSP2.
If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great, thanks for any help on this matter.

Only if it has a PC Input...in the shape of a VGA Input socket.

Got 3 scarts some phono and ‘S' video, but no VGA socket. Oh well back to the drawing board and plan ‘B'. Cheers for the reply anyway JayCee.

Some graphic cards have an S-Video output but the picture is poor.

I have a loewe Nemos and bought the vga upgrade card for about £80 including install. The picture is actually very good, though getting a pc to run azt 640x480 can be fun and games these days.

Not sure if you can get an upgrade for the Vitros but it might be worth finding out.

Canti1982,

Where did you get the VGA upgrade for your TV? Do you have any links to which TV's this can be fitted to. I have just bought a second hand Loewe Xelos 5261 and I see on the back there is a blank where the VGA module would go, so it looks like it was an option on this TV.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

James

I have seen someone in Australia selling Loewe VGA modules on fleabay - I might try installing one in my Aconda someday. In the meantime I've been using various graphics cards with S-Video TV output (via a 15 metre cable and S-Video to SCART adapter) plugged into my Sony KV32FQ80. I find the picture quite acceptable - not great but certainly usable.

I'll keep an eye out on eBay for a VGA module. I know that the S-Video route would work, but I was wanting to be able to display a progressive scan image on the TV and I think that the VGA module will be the only way to achieve this.

Thanks

James

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom