1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I connect Bush MTT1 Turntable to Sony HT-K250 Home Theater System?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by bigdalkabir, Sep 17, 2005.

1. bigdalkabir

bigdalkabir
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Is it possible to connect a Bush MTT1 Turntable (or any for that matter) to a Sony HT-K250 Home Theater system? My DVD is plugged into the Coaxial Auxiliary input (as my Philips DVD625 has no optical output), which I believe is where the turntable should be attached, as the manual says this is where to attach other audio/visual components. The turntable has a built in pre-amp. Other inputs to the HT-K250 include Analog Video and TV audio inputs (red and white). At the risk of sounding a little dense, are these not the same in principal to the audio plugs from the turntable? Is there some way round it using some leads and adapters?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

2. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,203
    Hi Welcome to the forums, because the BUSH has a built in phono amp (bringing the level up) you can connect it to any analogue input (video 1, 2 or 3) just red and white phono to red and white phono socket. remember to turn the video processing off so you listen to it in stereo.

3. bigdalkabir

bigdalkabir
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice. I shall try it and see how it goes. Will let you know!

4. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,203
    no problem, best of luck

5. bigdalkabir

bigdalkabir
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for bit of a late reply, the turntable works a treat! Not the best machine on the planet, but well worth 40 quid. Thanks for the advice.