can i connect a pc to my viera plasma?

J

jay cufc

hi everyone,
i was wondering if this sounds corect to you guys, im getting a bfg 8800 gts card and i was hoping to connect the pc to a panasonic viera plasma tv with the serial number TH-37PE50B. now the tv has only 2 scarts and a rgb compnent input. can it be done? ive bought a dvi to component lead hoping thats all i would need
do you think that would work?

any info would be great

hi everyone,
i was wondering if this sounds corect to you guys, im getting a bfg 8800 gts card and i was hoping to connect the pc to a panasonic viera plasma tv with the serial number TH-37PE50B. now the tv has only 2 scarts and a rgb compnent input. can it be done? ive bought a dvi to component lead hoping thats all i would need
do you think that would work?

any info would be great

i think im not to sure but i do think you can use a scart socket and turn it into s-video ...you will need an s-video scart adaptor which you can pick up for around a couple of £££££££££££££'s....all this can only be done if you have an s-video socket on your graphics card tho

i did it for an old ati radeon 9000 through my old 28in toshiba crt tv....

hope this helps you :thumbsup:

yeah but that would mean the picture is rubbish wouldnt it? i was hoping the dvi to component lead would produce a 1080i type picture?

Doesn't it have a VGA socket?

99% certain that DVI-component won't do you any good.

no i dont think it has, i havent got it yet but pretty sure. so whats a dvi to component lead for then if its not for that?

Connecting a component source to a DVI socket which accepts analog component I think. If the nvidia card can output analog component through its DVI socket (as well as DVI and VGA which are more standard)then great, but I didn't think it could

I think if your card has a DVI-I output , this will have the digital signals plus the "analogue" VGA on the same socket. I am looking at a VGA to DVI-I adaptor I got recently with a dual head GeForce card which allows you to use two monitors either DVI and VGA or with the adaptor both VGA.
Oh and since I am actively pursuing the purchase of one of the PX70 plasmas ,I can confirm there is definitely a 15 way VGA "D" on the back, still can't make up my mind whether to go for 37" or "42" though !
Cheers,

Neil

Sorry , I misread your post as having a PX70, if you haven't got a VGA D-type on the back then you might using the adaptor I mentioned above go to RGB scart somehow , almost certainly NOT component RCA as these are colour difference inputs ie.Luminance (Y) and R-Y, B-Y . If you need further info on these standards try "Component Video" on the wikipedia site

Neil

ok, well i have a dvi to component lead coming, i will give it a go. if it doesnt work im gonna sell the panasonic and get a good monitor. dont like the idea of using the scart sockets i think the picture will be crap.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom