Can I connect a Logitech z607 sub woofer to a Yamaha RX-V383 sub pre out?

R76ome

Novice Member
Hi,

Can I connect the z607 sub to the pre out of the RX-v383?

Also would I be able to use the speakers from the z607? Would I leave these on the z607 or connect them to the RX-V383?

TIA

dante01

Distinguished Member
I'd probably suggest you don't use it and go get yourself a more ameanable active sub, but if insustent upon connecting the Logitech sub then connect the AV receiver's sub pre out to the left channel RCA input on the sub.

Now here's why I suggest you go use a more ameanable option. THe Logitech ub has no means by which to set it gain/volume, its phase or ensure its own filtering is bypassed. You'd get these options with an active standalone sub.

Once connected, run the AV receiver auto calibration and once complete, go into the AV receiver's speaker configurations and set all the speakers as being SMALL.

You do not mention what other speakers you'll be using, but do not connect them to the speaker terminals on the Logitech sub!

You'll also need to set the crossover points at which the AV receiver will divert frequencies away from you passive speakers to the sub. THese crossovers are again in the speaker configurations onboard the AV receiver. It is recommended that you not set these below 80Hz, but may need to set them higher depending upon the capabilities og the passive speakers you are using.

Again, I'd suggest not using the LOgitech speakers, but if you do then you'll need to set the crossover configurations on the AV receiver no lower than 120Hz.

Upvote 0

R76ome

Novice Member
The speakers would have been the ones that came with the z607.

I think I'll go with your advice and go with an active sub. I'm assuming I'd get a better quality sound as well with better speakers

Thanks

Upvote 0

dante01

Distinguished Member
You'll get more lower end bass below 50Hz from a more dedicated sub and the world is your oyster as far as improving upon the audio performance of the passive sat speakers that came with the LOgitech setup. Even relatively cheap entry level 5.1 packages should surpass the Logitech setup.

Put it this way, Logitech sell the z607 package for just £109.99. This hardly instills confidence in it being able to compete with some of the more dedicated options.

Upvote 0

gibbsy

Also would I be able to use the speakers from the z607? Would I leave these on the z607 or connect them to the RX-V383?
This depends on the ohm loading of the speakers. If they are below 4 ohm then don't use them as you could damage the AV amp. Quality wise the Yamaha would be wasted on them so I suggest even if you are able to use them that a change is preferable.

Upvote 0

R76ome

Novice Member
Thanks for the help, I've decided to send back the z607 and go with the Wharferdale DX-2, think these will do for now.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom