Can I change my 10month TV ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mansell, Nov 13, 2002.

1. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Can anybody give some advice on this

I have a 10 month old TV which I'm fairly happy with apart from a smudge across the screen running from the right hand side inwards for about 2inches

I think the mark is behind the glass ,i.e within the tube so this would surely mean it would be beyond economical repair (B.E.R)
    you can only see this mark on light images

the thing is I want the TV changed for another make and model , do you think I have a case or would the seller at best swap it for another like for like set ?

Please offer any advice as I don't want to start something which i may regret , apart from this the set is great,good picture , good geometry etc

it's a 32pb50

I bought it from empire direct

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    your tv will have a 12 month warranty from the manufacturer which means if the people you bought it from cant repair it, they will exchange it or replace it with another set and THEY will claim from the manufacturer. I had a 8 month old tv from Currys which had a green smudge in the corner. they could not fix it so they offered me a new set.

hth

I would certainly ring empire direct and tell them you want an engineer to look at the set and repair it. If not demand a refund or exchange. If they refuse threaten them with legal action with the trading standards. Your tv is under Full gaurentte for 1 year.

cheers

shaun

3. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    so if they can't fix it I could request another model ?

4. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    basically yes. They will not loose out because the warranty is with the maker of the tv. Tell them there is a fault with the tube and you want an engineer to look at it. If he can fix it great. If not you want it exchanged for the same or similar model (unless you want to put more to it for a bigger one) It is your right to have the set fixed free of charge or replaced. Take no nonsense from them as they will try and tell you it has nothing to do with them. It is not of merchantable quality so they HAVE to fix it or replace it. If not trading standards will do them.

good luck. Take no prisoners

5. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    IMO they would replace with the same or similar.
    What would woolies do if you asked them to replace a faulty disc but told them you wanted a different movie?

6. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes that is true. However tvs change models rapidly. I dont know if this tv is still available. If you the tv has a definate fault that cant be fixed, and you are willing to pay more for a better model or have lost faith in the model you had then its no problem. At least that is Currys policy towards me.

shaun

7. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    the set is still available

anyway I phoned them and they are going to replace it

it's a shame in a way because apart from this mark (which I cannot take my eye off it) the picture is great .

I will let you guy know what the replacement is like

I just hope i dont get a buzzing one again ,this one went away for repair after four days for the buzzing Modification, which cured this fault