Can I cancel my T-Mobile contract?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by TimeWyrm, Jun 16, 2009.

1. TimeWyrm

TimeWyrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    About a month ago, I phoned up T-Mobile to find out when my upgrade was due. They said to me that my upgrade was due in November, but as I was a valued customer, I could upgrade 3 months early (so in August). I asked if that meant that I could also cancel my contract in August, and they said yes.

I phoned yesterday, to find out when they would have the Viewty Smart on T-mobile, and I thought that while I was on the phone, I discuss cancelling my contract in August. This time I was told that I cant cancel my contract until November. I told them what I had been told before, but they had nothing to say. Funnily enough, the woman that I spoke to yesterday, was also about 99% sure that I could cancel my contract in August, but she wanted to confirm with her manager, and that's when she told me that I would have to wait until November.

I am confused now, and not sure whether they're just saying that, or whether I will have to wait until November ( I hope not, because I was thinking about taking out a contract with Orange in August, with a great deal) :mad:

Can anyone advise ?

2. andyUK101

andyUK101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +456
    Why would T Mobile allow you to end the contract early? it doesnt make sense for them to let you leave as they would be missing out on the last few months line rental

Upgrading is a different matter as it secures the revenue stream for T mobile for another 12/18/24 months

I think the only way to get out of the contract would be to buy out the last few months - usually this would be the remaining line rental but you might be able to get a lower amount if you negotiate with them