Can I buy box separatly

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by thedonreturns, Sep 21, 2007.

1. thedonreturns

thedonreturns
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have sky at all. I just bought a HD TV and PS3. I want to get the sky HD box from Ebay. Can I just ask sky to setup the dish with a HD cable? Can you get all the HD channels for free if you do it via this method and subscribe to all the premium channels?

Thanks in advance.

2. chrise

chrise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Free and Sky are not terms that can be associated:thumbsdow

If you buy a box on ebay you will either have to install it yourself after buying the dish and cabling (possible but you will need to know what you are doing and the kit is the same for SD or HD) or pay an independent installer which will cost what it costs - independant installlers get money from Sky to push subscriptions and to sell boxes so expect to pay more if you don't buy those through them.

Sky only want to sell packages which currently looks like £299 for the box, £15 install (booked through the website) and a minimum contract of 12 months subscription to your choice of channels - if you want the lot inc Sports and Movies that is £45 a month - plus an additional £10 a month for the HD channels for your mix. You will have to agree to connect the box to a landline telephone.

There are occasional discounts - do a search in the forum for recent posts - but Sky are pretty hard on pricing unlike Virgin Media.