1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I ask for opinions please?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by jools230575, Apr 30, 2005.

1. jools230575

jools230575

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

Well. A week ago I hadn't even known how to start using an SLR camera. Today I have a little more of a headstart thanks to the good folks on the list.

I went out tonight armed with some of the knowledge that has been shared this past few days.

Here are two shots that I took and I was wondering if people could give me some feedback

Shot 1

Shot 2

Taken with a Canon EOS350D at F22 (If memory serves) and both on bulb settings, but I can't remember how long I held the shutter open for :rolleyes:

I don't mind what people say and I would rather get honest opinions :)

Thanks again for your help this week people!

Jools

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The first looks a little like the link i gave to you the other day http://www.pbase.com/joubert/image/26777520 That was shot at F11 with a 1 sec exposure. I very much doubt your subject was as well lit as that one. So i don't think there was a great deal more you could have got from it given the conditions

So yeah i think you've done a good job there after taking the good advice of the lads and came away with a pratical demo of how it works:)

3. mattym

mattym
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    gah huge images!

The first works best for me as you have some cloud movement caught in the shot also, my only criticism would be that it doesnt look level, otherwise its a great effort!

4. mighty_boosh

mighty_boosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice. The only thing I'd suggest with the first one is a bit of perspective correction in Photoshop to get rid of the converging verticals. Used creatively, converging verticals can work with architecture, but for the most part it makes the image look "wrong" as if the building is leaning over.

Here's what I mean. I've boosted the contrast a bit to bring out some more detail too.

The second one I'd probably just mess around with levels in Photoshop to bring out a bit more detail from the shadows. Here, the converging verticals work to give us a sense of looking up.

Attached Files:

5. homerdog

homerdog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    It was 50 and 54 seconds ;)