Question Can I add ATOS ceiling speakers to planned setup

meakinsl

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

New to forum, got some fantastic help on my post few days back on what to do about adding surround speakers in a strange room layout Can I mount surround speakers up high? the room layout is shown below :

speakers.png

The problem was there was no good place to put my surrounds in a 5.1 system and the good advice was to use these ATMOS speakers as surrounds where the red scribbles are on a beam that goes across at that point about 2.5m from floor, as angled down they will direct sound towards the MLP : Bronze AMS | Dolby Atmos® Enabled | Monitor Audio

download.jpg

Then in a comment someone said that would enable ATMOS in ceiling to be added later - that got me thinking as a complete renovation if possible now would be the time to do it. Do people thing I could get away with then adding two ceiling speakers C265-FX | In-Ceiling Speakers | Monitor Audio above the MLP for ATMOS ? There is an extra complication in that the ceiling in that room is not flat, picture below :

Ceiling.JPG

The room is 3.6m wide so guess if going for 2 in ceiling speakers one would go either side of the beam, height of highest ceiling part is 3m and lowest 2.5m. The left in ceiling speaker would be on a slope and be angled at the at MLP as the TV is going where large mirror is in picture and would be facing straight onto it as in the plan. The right in ceiling one would be pointing pretty much straight down as in real life the ceiling is flat on right of beam although also looks sloped in picture.

Would love a great system and just wandered if the two angled speakers at the back on the beam and two in ceiling ones would work, will also have two fronts, center and sub woofer.

Any help greatly appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom