1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can I add a scart iput to a PC?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by mardale, Nov 16, 2004.

1. mardale

mardale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's the thing,

I would like to add a pc to the dining room with a 19" TFT for the display.

The issue is with Sky. I run a wireless signal/remote sender system from the Sky box to the bedroom currently and would like to add an additional receiver to the dining room PC. I don't mind if this feeds straight into the monitor (I know you can get tfts with scart inputs, but these tend to be 17" and dearer than standard 19" tfts) or through the computer.

Does anyone know of any external capture/tuner box or graphics card that will take a scart fed signal?

Thanks for any help

Matthew

2. groovyclam

groovyclam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The only current way is with a SweetSpot capture card and their SCART-to-SweetSpot lead. This might be out of your desired price range as it is about £150 all in.

Are you saying the signal-sender only has a SCART-out ? No RF ? You could get a cheapo TV card for about £40 from PC World that does RF-in if you can get an RF signal from the sender.

3. mardale

mardale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scart only - it's the digisender type (Link)

Thanks for the advice - £150 would negate the saving made by buying a bog standard tft, so unless anyone else can tell me of a cheaper way I guess I'll stump up the extra cash for a 19" TFT that takes a scart feed directly.

Thanks,

Matthew

4. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    The signal out of the wireless reciever is - almost certainly - composite video and stereo audio. You simply need a capture card (and by that I mean almost any video capture card from a £20-ish Hauppauge WinTV and up) and a cable wired thus: female scart - > composite video + stereo audio. IOW, forget the fact that it's a scart and make it what it needs to be ;)

Mike.