1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can hardly get into any games on PGR2 Live

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by MacReady, Jul 10, 2005.

1. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    I am having problems getting into Live PGR2 races. I can do an optimatch search which comes up with loads but when I try to join them I get the 'session is no longer available' message :(

A friend who is usually on at the same time can always get into any though.

I have had a read of another thread from a forum user who had a similar problem and have changed the DMZ settings as well as opening the relevant posrt as suggested on www.portforward.com but am still having the same problem :thumbsdow

What am I missing that could be causing this?

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    What a shame your having trouble, PGR2 is awesome online. I've heard of other people having similar problems and it always seems to be something to do with their router, usually a netgear one, but what the soloution is i don't know, it could be something really simple like unplugging the router for a few minutes or it could be something more complicated like opening certain ports. have you been to BizzareCreations.com and asked on their forums? someone there should know the answer(perhaps a PM to a user called graveltrp would give you a quick answer)

3. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Sorry, I should have made my first post a bit clearer :oops:

I can get into some games on PGR2 (was on for about five hours last night :thumbsup: ) but not all of them. It is just a pain when a friend is playing and I want to join the game but it wont let me.

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Your original post made perfect sense to me. as i said i've come across the problem before but there is no 'right answer' to fix the problem, as the issue is to do with routers and each one is different, but if you do a search on the forums over at bizarre creations(the people who made the game) then you should get a lot of ideas on how to fix it.

I'll send you a friend request at some point and join you for a race one evening, be warned though, i've not played for a few months so i'll be doing a lot of crashing!

5. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    I sent you a FR last night, but i don't think you were on. I had a quick bash on Lothian Eight Long and Red Square 1 with a mate and i was terrible!!! i was probably 3-5 seconds a lap slower than i was 2 months ago :eek: but teh feeling of how good the game is came all came flooding back

6. Big_Si

Big_Si
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this problem a lot myself but it depends on how i am connected. The more common occasions are:

1. If i connect through my PC using ICS using my AOL (Assholes On Line - as i lovingly call them) connection. Not sure if its the Devil workers at AOL or more to do with how i am connected.

2. If there a lot of people online playing the game i get the problem a fair bit aswell depending on who is hosting (i.e. a mate on a 1mb NTL line is usually flawless with a full room but the guys using the ADSL lines are less reliable for me when the room fills up)

3. If i use my wall plugged ethernet connection with my NTL line i have no problems what so ever (again not sure whether its the NTL vs AOL thing or Router vs ICS perhaps a combination of both)

PS Got AOL and NTL at the moment as stuck in contract with the Devil Workers at Assholes On Line and got sick of the problems so signed up to NTL anyway gotta say not had a problem with them yet

AVOID AOL LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Big_Si

Big_Si
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Gotta agree with you PooonTang its an old one now but I still play on it regularly when Forza gets a bit too frustrating, PGR2 is truly a superb game and one to keep:clap:

My gamertag is SimonWilson (yeah i know not exactly original but the missus set up the account for me as a surprise so to be expected = best christmas pressie i've ever had) :D

8. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    What kudos rank are you guys at? (not that it means anything, just curious)

9. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,587
    6... :rolleyes:

10. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I know from time to time if you try and join a game there seems (so i've been told) to sometimes be a clash of routers :confused: or something of that nature and whatever game u try and join if that individual is in the game you cant join or vice versa if u were in 1st. May be absolutely barking up the wrong tree but just another possibility??

Matt

11. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Talking about Kudos rankin, what level do you find you fall in when you have done a respectable time. Im finding between 2800ish to 4000 ish in the time taken etc.

Matt

12. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    don't really understand the question? are you talking about the Time Attacks? car or circuit challenge? or are you just that your getting between 2800 and 4000 kudos per race? if it is the latter then it all depends on the track really, eg The Tour in a 911 i usually get about 6000 but red square i'll only get 2500ish

13. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    now thats what i call dedication :D

14. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Sorry :suicide: didnt make it clear. After a timed race your time is compared to others and you are shown whereabouts you are in the list of times. ie I generally fall within the top 4000 sometimes in the top 2000. :)

Matt

15. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    I must be having a stoooopid day coz i'm still not following.

timed race? you mean in single player(kudos world series)? or Time Attacks?

or are you meaning multiplayer kudos races and at the end of the race it gives you the kudos score, and at the bottom of the screen it shows you your rank for that city and your overall kudos rank?

16. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    :D Humm................. :hiya: Time attack. Off all the people racing on live, each time they race in time attack their position, ie fastest time etc is indicated by their placement within the community so If I did the Nurgburgring in 2 minutes ;) I would no doubt be 1st, however if I did it in 2 hours I would no doubt be last. So if there were 30'000 people who raced the Ring in that time attack mode and I was the slowest I would be 30'000th.
    Am I making sense??

Matt :rotfl:

17. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Now i getcha!!!!. So are you doing car or circuit challenges? the difference being is in car challange the car a track is predefined whereas as circuit challenge you can drive whatever you want, but unless you can drive either the TVR or radical running a high ranking time is nigh on impossible, so personally i prefer to do Car challenges. the last time i looked i was in the top 30 for all cars in the long beach booster pack, apart from the radical

18. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Car challenge..........Top...30 :eek: ..........................................................................................................................I'll get my coat :D

Matt

19. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    You have to take into account that i was practicly addicted to this game for about 9months. I've completed kudos world series on Platinum, i'm on kudos rank #41 and i can run the ring in about 6:10 in a TVR

i really should get out more!

20. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Bloody 'ell :eek: I am only on Level 4 Kudos on Live....allthough I have only been playing for just over a week.

Not been on much this last few days though as I have not been feeling too well...will try to get on this weekend and get thrashed by you PGR experts ;)

21. Big_Si

Big_Si
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    didn't get live that long ago so my online ranking is only about 17 other newer games got me addicted aswell. I've done all the game on 1 player though so got everything unlocked :D