Can Google Home control Broadlink RM Pro?

itm

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying both a Google Home and a Broadlink RM Pro, with the intention of controlling my AV equipment and Energenie power sockets. Does anyone know if/how it is possible to send commands to the Broadlink via Google Home voice commands?

Yes.....If you search Google home hub and Broadlink on YouTube there are demos of it working....
I believe that Energenie can be controlled via IFTTT and they have promised full GH integration in the near future.

Yes.....If you search Google home hub and Broadlink on YouTube there are demos of it working....
I believe that Energenie can be controlled via IFTTT and they have promised full GH integration in the near future.
I managed to find a bunch of Youtube clips showing Google Home controlling remote devices, some apparently using a Broadlink, but couldn't find anything that explained how it was done. There are a few clips which demonstrate linking Google Home with IFTTT, but I read somewhere that the Broadlink RM Pro doesn't support IFTTT. There was also a clip which demonstrated integration of Google Home with the Join app, but it didn't explain where the Broadlink fitted in.
???

Sorry, I don't have the Broadlink. I do feel your frustration at the lack of 'how to' on the web.
If I come across anything more than this thread;- Google Groups
Which gives a method for the Broadlink mini which may be the same as for the Pro. Anyway, it's somewhere else to ask your questions.
Good luck.

Sorry, I don't have the Broadlink. I do feel your frustration at the lack of 'how to' on the web.
If I come across anything more than this thread;- Google Groups
Which gives a method for the Broadlink mini which may be the same as for the Pro. Anyway, it's somewhere else to ask your questions.
Good luck.
Thanks for that link. I can see logically how that would work with the Broadlink RM Pro. Even though I've heard that it doesn't "support" IFTTT I don't see why the IFTT Webconnect channel couldn't be used to fire commands on the Broadlink in response to input from the Google Home.

Look on youtube for a guy called Paul Hibbert - he does a bunch of home automation stuff using the RM pro so if anyone has a guide it would be him (check his older video uploads to see if he done any)

Look on youtube for a guy called Paul Hibbert - he does a bunch of home automation stuff using the RM pro so if anyone has a guide it would be him (check his older video uploads to see if he done any)

Thanks - it looks like he's done some really useful videos. All his voice-control stuff is done using Alexa, but I guess I could substitute Google Home + IFTTT/WebConnect to send HTTP requests to the Broadlink RM Tasker Plugin. I'm not sure whether that would all function quickly or reliably enough to be useful, but it's a start....

How did you get in with this? I see Paul Hibbert is promising a Google Home guide in the near future.

How did you get in with this? I see Paul Hibbert is promising a Google Home guide in the near future.
Not very well. I just discovered that the Broadlink RM Pro Tasker Plugin no longer imports codes from the Broadlink RM Pro, which renders it effectively useless for me :0(

Mine still imports codes, are you sure it is set correctly?

Last edited:
I discovered that if I do a frequency scan before learning RF codes it helps

I do all my remote learning in the plugin app as i find the Broadlink official app too longwinded

I've started using homeassistant and the code learning seems alot more reliable

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom