1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can forbidden commands be disabled on 3910?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Lampwick, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Lampwick

Lampwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the 'you can't do that yet' icon & functionality when first inserting DVD's (to skip past overlong copyright screens and all that other rubbish we have to legally sit through)?
    Some DVD's are just ridiculous in the amount of time it takes from first putting the disc in, to getting at what you want to watch. Trwaling through a copyright message in 8 different language has me pulling my hair out :suicide:

Hell of a player though the 3910 - had mine just a few days and it's lovely!

2. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    there is a simple cheat when you first insert a movie with denon players that allow you to skip straight to the movie, but i cant remember it for the life of me. Got the info of the avs forum from kris Deerings. why not send him a PM with the same question, i know he will help you

3. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    try this to skip all the rubbish. it does work on quite a few discs but not every one.

When the disc is inserted and starts playing hit stop right away and then stop again to do a full clear. Then push play and it should start the movie right up skipping all the other stuff. This doesn't work with every studio but it does with the majority of them.

Kris Deerings

4. Lampwick

Lampwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gandley - I'll give it a try :thumbsup: