Question Can Firestick Be Any Other Way Than Wi-Fi?

Garrett

Reaction score
Just wondering if this can be used in some form of hard wired set up.
I tried Wi-Fi before on the TV and the connection not been great it can wait a lot or not even pick up.

I got Prime and hard wired the TV to the internet hub and its miles better in fact perfect, but if I came off Prime and went onto a Firestick which I take plugs direct into the TV I will have the same problem.

The TV is 2 rooms away from the hub.

The stick has no ethernet port so can only use WiFi. The Fire TV box though has a standard ethernet socket so can be hard wired like your TV. If you only have one cable from TV to router you will need a network switch.

Thanks.
So be time you bought a firestick and that box and something to switch it the extra its going to cost you almost like paying the extra for having Prime for a couple of years.

Pretty sure that you don't need the fire stick and the Amazon fire box, it will be one or the other.
Thank so how do you go on with subbing to Amazon then I just took it with the stick you got a years sub with it. And is the Fire box just a gateway that you have to by a sub on top to Prime and is that the same as the prime for normal Prime that you get the day after mail if you order from Amazon.

I had the same trouble with my fire stick performing weak due to bad wifi. I fixed this by buying a powerline that had wifi built in, this is now plugged in directly behind the fire TV stick and has sorted the issue - no buffering issues even when watching full HD.

Som

Thank so how do you go on with subbing to Amazon then I just took it with the stick you got a years sub with it. And is the Fire box just a gateway that you have to by a sub on top to Prime and is that the same as the prime for normal Prime that you get the day after mail if you order from Amazon.

You would need the sub on top of the cost of the stick or box depending on which route you went. I think the box has more memory as well as the ethernet port.

This is the sole reason i went for the box over the stick.

From what i read, outside gaming this is the only real difference. Well for me, i think also the box has 4k support and the stick not.

It really is a great device, super simple and fast, plus the voice search works well.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom