Question Can ear buds compete with full headphones

Leelo

Good Afternoon group

I’m looking to buy some earbuds for my wife’s S10 she purchased some really cheap ones just to try (Bluetooth wired) and is happy enough but wants something a bit more upmarket sound and quality wise. For this I’ve offered to buy her something around the £100 mark thought so far the new Cambridge oneslook good. Whilst thinking about this I’ve been pondering if I should get myself something new in the headphone area as well. I’ve not had decent headphones for many years the last being a pair of Sennheiser 560 HD Ovations at least 16 years ago. Would I find the ear buds any better or worse than something like a modern version of the Sennheisers. I like the idea of wireless but I was under the impression that wired is still the best for SQ. Any input welcome thanks

Andy

Naqv

For that price range go with wireless as you will not notice the difference and the wireless earphones will bring so much extra features than wired.

I've just sold my £450 Fiio FH7 wired earphones as the wires couple with a DAC is just too cumbersome after me using various wireless earphones over the last few months.

Leelo

For that price range go with wireless as you will not notice the difference and the wireless earphones will bring so much extra features than wired.

I've just sold my £450 Fiio FH7 wired earphones as the wires couple with a DAC is just too cumbersome after me using various wireless earphones over the last few months.
Thanks for this any particular makes you would recommend are Sennheiser still making good kit

dannnielll

Thanks for this any particular makes you would recommend are Sennheiser still making good kit
Yes the senn momentum earbuds are very good. My only reservation is that earbuds create earwax and in my case tinnitus.
Wired phones, are always better .. SQ and price wise , except they are more difficult to do noise cancelling effectively

daddy999

I would check out Tin T2, I have no idea how they make them for the money. 1more quad drivers are a step up, again fantastic iem’s. I think they can compete, but I also use both types depending on what I’m doing.

In my experience, you can spend less money, get a wider soundstage and it be less fatiguing using a full set of headphones when chilling indoors. Out and about....it’s iem’s all the way for me.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom