Can DV be viewed on PC without downloading?

O

Oznob

I don't have a TV(?!) and would like to be able to use my PC monitor to view my DV without having to download.

I have no need to edit my movies at the moment. My HDD is too small to download my movies on to them.

Is there any way to view the video straight through the firewire card or USB? Or is there some adapter I can buy to connect straight to the monitor?

Also, are there any monitors that allow direct connection from a DV camcorder?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help a newbie.

Oznob

I think that the only way you could do this is with a video capture card or a TV card.
You would have to install a new card (cheapest about £35) that would allow s-video input into your pc. I would then use a peice of freeware call dScaler to show the image on your pc.

I can recommend the Pinnacle PCTV Rave card - I bought it from maplins for about £35. If you use dScaler you don't need to install any drivers or other software. dScaler will automatically recognise the card.

It sounds as thought you PC might be oldish - make sure it is at least a Pentium 450 to be able to run dScaler full screen without dropping frames.

Aside from this there may be ways to convert s-video to rgbhv - have a look on www.keene.co.uk

Hope that helps
Alex

Thanks for that. I'm slowly getting the picture;).

I've actually found an LG flatscreen that will accept S-Video. Cost is of the essence.

Thanks for now.

Oznob:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom