1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can damaged heads be repaired?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by hardyduncanesks, Sep 28, 2004.

1. hardyduncanesks

hardyduncanesks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear all
    The playback on my JVC GDRVX44 is jerky with audio dropout. The camcorder tells me to clean the heads which I tried, to no avail. I reckon that the heads are damaged-can this be fixed? I guess that that's a tricky question..
    We've got a new baby due this week...we'd really like the camera to work!!

Cheers
    Rory

2. Jaime

Jaime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My Panasonic NVS90B camcorder needed new heads, it was the top of the range analogue not so long back.

I was told it would be cheaper to buy a new digital camcorder.

Heads are the most expensive thing to get fixed!

Sorry!!

3. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    They can be replaced, but if you have any work done make sure it is by a JVC Digital Trained ASC. Only they have access to the required Service software. There is a chance that a good manual clean and/or tape path alignment might do the job but again, this must be done by someone who knows what they are doing.

PM me your location and I'll give you the name of a local JVC Digital ASC that won't rip you off.

If it does need new heads it should be a bit cheaper than a new camera but as prices are falling fast it could be close.