Can Btateries effect the sound of a prtable unit?

K

KNAH

Are my ears decieing me? I have put several different AA Alkaline batteris in my new Sony Walkman and can swear I hear a diffference in the sound of one battery over another. Is this possible? The sound that comes from a brand of battery called EVERMAX produces a richer, smoother sound than Evereadys or Duracells. Can this be possible?

Help.

I've never heard of batteries having an influence on sound quality before.

JohnG said:
I've never heard of batteries having an influence on sound quality before.

I use Monster brand batteries in my Sony flash player, because they give the purest electric power with the lowest amount of flutter and fluctuations that can degrade audio quality. The guy at the shop told me the Monster batteries were essential to get the best audio experience possible from my player.

Seriously, I use them because Circuit City had a ridiculous sale on them last year, I think it was $3 for 16 AAA or AA cells. $^)

I don't think batteries afffect audio quality. Its simply a low-current source at low voltage. The circuits in th eplayer would totally smooth out and transform slight power variations, if any.

Just FYI, overhyping and aggressive marketing of Monster cables is a real problem here in the States. Many consumer electronic stores carry nothing else (or not much else), and they are forcefully pushed with every component purchase.

I work in currys and we get used to get £1 for every monster cable we sold, £2 on some. Which adds up to alot believe it or not.

We sell belkin premium cables for some reason now :S

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom