1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Arcam FMJ DV27 output progressive RGB as well as Component?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by StooMonster, Dec 11, 2002.

Tags:
  1. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Firmware v2.1.8.34

In the “progressive” menu there are two options:
    Allow 625
    Allow RGB

And I know that in older firmware there were three options:
    Allow 625
    Allow RGB
    Sync on Green

What does “Allow RGB” do?

I’m asking out of interest as turning this option on has no visible effect on my plasma, in my limited testing. Although, thinking about it I didn’t change HQ video to RGB as well; perhaps you need to do this too?

I read that SiI chipsets can output progressive in either Component or RBG, does this option change the output of the three connectors to RBsG rather than Y Pr Pb? I also note that the three connectors are actually labelled Pr/R Y/G and Pb/B.

Perhaps the difference between progressive component and RGB component is minimal anyway?

StooMonster

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Component YPrPb is an analogue lossless compression of RGB. I don't think you'll see much difference between the two unless your display device is not very good at dealing with YPrPb to RGB conversion.

The change only happens when HQ video is set to RGB in normal set up menu, as you had guessed.

Gordon

3. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    I actually played with this after I posted, wrong way round I know.

Certainly a very cool feature. However, my plasma handles either easily format with no problems, so not really much use to me.

Except that I want to test Progressive PAL via RGB for something else, and this will enable me to do it. :)

StooMonster