Can Arcam A32 be updates with DAVE?

John Dawson

Novice Member
Good morning!

The A32 cannot be fitted with a DAVE module and there are no plans to upgrade this module, as it would involve a huge amount of work and still fail to solve the connectivity problem (i.e. there is not enough back panel space!). Instead we have put the effort into developing the AV8 - rather more than a million dollars worth in fact.

There is an analogue multi channel module in active development right now for the A32 (and A85) which will accept a 6 channel input from suitable sources like a DVD-A player or SACD player. We will publish the detailed specification when we are ready!

Sincerely,

John Dawson (Arcam)

sr78

Standard Member
I don't know too much about DVD-A or SACD, but if I get the module for the A85, would I still need poweramps to drive all 6 channels?

John Dawson

Novice Member
You will need 5 power amps minimum (the 6th channel is usually for a powered subwoofer but in DVD-A can be used as a proper 6th channel with some discs). Of course two of these are already in your A85, so you would need to add 3 more, e.g. using our P85/3 power amp, which has been designed for just this sort of job.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

E

EvilCartman

Originally posted by John Dawson

There is an analogue multi channel module in active development right now for the A32 (and A85) which will accept a 6 channel input from suitable sources like a DVD-A player or SACD player.

Or an AV processor?

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom