Can Arcam A32 be updates with DAVE?

Good morning!

The A32 cannot be fitted with a DAVE module and there are no plans to upgrade this module, as it would involve a huge amount of work and still fail to solve the connectivity problem (i.e. there is not enough back panel space!). Instead we have put the effort into developing the AV8 - rather more than a million dollars worth in fact.

There is an analogue multi channel module in active development right now for the A32 (and A85) which will accept a 6 channel input from suitable sources like a DVD-A player or SACD player. We will publish the detailed specification when we are ready!

Sincerely,

John Dawson (Arcam)

I don't know too much about DVD-A or SACD, but if I get the module for the A85, would I still need poweramps to drive all 6 channels?

You will need 5 power amps minimum (the 6th channel is usually for a powered subwoofer but in DVD-A can be used as a proper 6th channel with some discs). Of course two of these are already in your A85, so you would need to add 3 more, e.g. using our P85/3 power amp, which has been designed for just this sort of job.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

Originally posted by John Dawson

There is an analogue multi channel module in active development right now for the A32 (and A85) which will accept a 6 channel input from suitable sources like a DVD-A player or SACD player.

Or an AV processor?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G4 OLED Best Picture Settings Out Of The Box - Filmmaker Mode!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom