Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my plasma

craggs

Established Member
Reaction score
The TV is a panasonic TX-P42S30B,I've had the tv for about 2 years now.

Whilst watching movies the picture is sharp,nice colours and I love that,but hit it with a dark scene and I get this kind of "banding".I noticed it about 12 month in.I can only notice it with the living lights out.I don't think its burn in.So I'm wondering if it's worth me calling john lewis as it has a 5 year guarantee on it.I've uploaded a picture,its really hard to capture on the camera,but ill upload the picture anyway.

Ive tried all viewing modes and combinations and no luck in getting rid of it.

100_7040.JPG

Colour banding/posterization by the look of it, what source is that on? It's usually down to a poor feed on sky for example but you shouldn't see it on blu ray. Some sets are more susceptible to this than others too.

Colour banding/posterization by the look of it, what source is that on? It's usually down to a poor feed on sky for example but you shouldn't see it on blu ray. Some sets are more susceptible to this than others too.

The source is a nowtv box through HDMI. But I'm running Plex through it and I was watching a movie.it does the same on a old media player hisense I used to use. I've not noticed it as much on the built in freeview. Maybe it's the HDMI connectors or PCB?
I thought color banding only happened on bright colours, This only does it where it's grey/black very dark scenes.
Is it fixable do you think? Worth calling John Lewis.I don't have a blu-ray player to try

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom