1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone tell me the cheapest place to get PS2 games?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by resmith76, Mar 30, 2005.

1. resmith76

resmith76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am looking for GT4 and GTASan Andreas and any other good driving games either new or 2nd hand I just don't know the best places to look for cheap games, so far all the websites i have looked on seem to be more expensive than popping up to my local asda is that typical?, can anyone help and point me in the right direction?

2. ravi2253

ravi2253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it depends wht u r willing to do to play the games lol

for PAL games i go www.amazon.co.uk most of the games r £29.99

the cheapest pal games can be found 2nd hand from ebay, sometimes you get new ones, like GTA San Andreas, for less than £25 (i got mine for £21).

but nowadays i get imports (Legal, mind you - they're factory sealed)
    get them from (EDIT: deleted website) simple enough. but they're imported from various countries (although they are all in english). MGS3 was only £11.99!!

The cheapest site around lol.

3. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
  4. flack

flack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Erm, are you sure psgame.co.uk is legit? The prices are insanely low, but this comment from the Mercenaries review page worries me: "THIS DISK ARRIVED QUICKLY, WELL PACKAGED AND LOOKS REAL.." and also from the Brothers in Arms : Road to Hill 30 page, "This is brand new and supplied in factory shrinkwrap, it's an import of course so you need to ensure that your console is compatible with imports."

But thanks for the heads up nonetheless!

5. ravi2253

ravi2253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in regards to what flack said, i've just ordered from them recently so I'm not 100% sure. post hasn't arrived yet. but i do know that to play the games you'll either need a chip, or Swap Magic (with Slide Card).

I found the website on ebay, actually :suicide:

6. ji_

ji_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Trade in 4 cheap rubbish games at Game and get any chart game for 99. Most market stalls / second hand game shops will happily clear out their rubbish at £2-3 a game, making most chart games just over a tenner.

(Game don't take wrestling or footy games tho).

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,924
    If you need a modchip or swap magic disc then they are pirate copies, might be pressed copies so look real but still bootlegs non the less.

8. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Not necessarily. If it's an imported game (US - NTSC for example), you would need Swap Magic or another method of enabling imports, but it would still be a genuine product.

9. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,924
    That is true but 99% of the time if a company is offering dirt cheap games (£12.99 for GT4) and say you need a modchip or swap trick to play them you know something is up.

10. ravi2253

ravi2253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

psssh, I'm still waiting for those games I ordered! Taking ages. Btw, they don't come with manuals either. When I get them, will there be any FOR SURE way of checking if they're just cheap copies? Do games from every region hav that shiny sony sticker?

11. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,924
    If they are imports why do they not contain manuals? another reason to doubt that they are legit.

As for the Sony holographic sticker question, I would assume all legit copies would have it but dont know for sure.

12. ravi2253

ravi2253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Either way, when I get the game, I'll tell you if it has the sticker or not. :smashin:

13. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    These are just copies that have been sealed up. Someone tried selling me a GT4 on ebay that they'd got from them and it was most obviously a copy! Cheap black case with no PS2 memory card slot, obviously not an official cover and a printed disc! It's common sense really - noone can afford to sell imported games for £11.99 and all imports come with instructions as well.

If you want legal games then check the likes of Gamestracker (as has been mentioned) - I use it loads. Ebay is usually good for bargains (as is the classified section of this site :thumbsup: ). Keep an eye on the special offers section of these forums as well as good deals are usually posted there.

For imports sites like Videogamesplus.ca, lik-sang, Play-Asia, DVDBox Office usually have some great prices but watch out for the games going over the customs amount. I think VG+ mark down for customs but many others don't. DVDSoon has some great prices (especially if you use their icard) but their delivery time and stock levels are generally quite poor so don't be sucked in by their name & order anything that you would actually like Soon!

14. ravi2253

ravi2253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But like how do you know the ebayer got it from there?

15. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    He supplied me with full details of the transaction and he is taking up the matter with them. Unfortunately I do actually feel that he was naive as i'm sure many are who buy from there and he was actually quite upset when I informed him that he had just bought a copy. If you read the wording on their site it's rather well worded lol

- Yes they are imported versions of the game as in Jap/US not UK, yes they are not CDR copies but DVD copies and yes they have been factory sealed by them.

£11.99 is a lot of money for a copy.

16. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    If you want further proof then check out this thread on NTSC-uk forums.

Personally I don't think we should be mentioning this site on these forums either.

17. ravi2253

ravi2253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But then again, can "REAL IMPORTS" as is described, actually be DVD copies? If they were "REAL" it wouldn't be a copy, would it? Oh well, I'll find out for sure tomorrow (damn Post doesn't run on sundays :( )

18. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    The imports are actually imported so they are not lying in a sense - they are DVD silvers (i.e. cheap copies) that are mass produced in Asia and sell for about £1 - £2 over there. PSGame import these en-masse and knock them out for £11.99 a shot. It's a nice tidy profit from them but it will only be a matter of time before they are shut down. Sorry to here that you've been duped by this but i'm sure that you will not be alone. :(

EDIT: There's plenty of info on other forums about this "company" if you search on Google.

19. ravi2253

ravi2253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Psssh, I knew it was too good to be true :mad:

20. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99

Fair enough Indy. No argument from me against that. They sound extremely "hot" to me. psgame's time as a retailer must be limited!

21. ravi2253

ravi2253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you think they'll get fined, too?

22. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    They should be shut down but I guess they will just vanish soon on their own accord.

23. ravi2253

ravi2253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I agree, i just deleted the website URL in my first post :)

24. ravi2253

ravi2253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why do I find it so easy to imagine some homeless freshie in Asia selling these pirates on the streets for a living :D

(lol and I'm not being racist cos im asian myself!)

25. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I can't help noticing that their site has a VERY similar layout to www.videogamesplus.ca. Would they be using a standard web design package which produces very similar looking sites, or have they just ripped off Videogamesplus's site?

Also, has anyone ever ordered any games from Megabuys - on Ebay , as their prices seem very good (just ordered some PS1 games from them); they don't mention the fact that a console needs to be "import enabled", and checking over their recent feedback, there doesn't seem to be anyone mentioning any problems with selling copied games etc.

26. ravi2253

ravi2253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Err, yeah but the pictures all have american ratings (e.g. "E" "M") and the games prices are in $USD. See where I'm going?

27. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Oh, I'm well aware of the fact that their games are from the States, and would be NTSC ones. The games I'm after from them don't exist in the European market, hence my reason for looking at them. I don't have a problem with genuine imports at all. It's pirated copies that I don't want to get my hands on.

28. ravi2253

ravi2253

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh cn :oops: