Question Can anyone tell me if I can connect an ariel lead to my smart tv other than the ariel port ? Pls

Ariel on smart tv broke off.can I use a different socket at back of tv at all? Thankyou

• Samsung tv

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ariel lead alternative

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shelly58

Novice Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me please is it possible to connect my or another type Ariel lead to my Samsung smart via a different slot at back of tv. I've just broke my one off thankyou

Nope, you need to get the aerial socket/tuner repaired.
Your only other alternative is to buy a Freeview box and plug the aerial into that.

No, but you may be able to get it repaired? Depending on what/how you broke "it" a fix may be easy or hard to do. A photo or two might help?
Check if you have accidental damage cover under your house contents insurance?

You may be able to use internet 'catchup' such as BBC iPlayer to watch at least some programmes?

No you can't, have you got a satellite connector you can use instead ?

No, but you may be able to get it repaired? Depending on what/how you broke "it" a fix may be easy or hard to do. A photo or two might help?
Check if you have accidental damage cover under your house contents insurance?

You may be able to use internet 'catchup' such as BBC iPlayer to watch at least some programmes?

Thanks Rodders I was just trying to see if I could do something on the immediate front till I get it fixed. Don't laugh I had a brain wave thought what about if I plug in vhs ha ha so dug it out of storage as years ago we got signal from it but should have guessed that not work. Thanks anyway

The cheapest option until you get it repaired is to buy a cheap Freeview box, plug the aerial into that and connect the box via HDMI (or scart if it's a real cheap one) into the TV.

Thanks Simon Lewis there is a dish outside but I'm none the wiser how that would work thankyou

If your TV has a satellite tuner and you have a feed from this dish that would get you viewing.
Report back with the model number of your TV...it's printed on a label on the rear.

Thank you it's UE39F5500AK
when u say tuner do you mean sky box? There are wires still connected to dish I think.not long moved in so no idea if they work

No many tv's have a sattelite tuner built in. It will be a screw on connector typically next to the normal aerial socket on the rear of the tv. If you have this, the cable from the satelitte dish connects directly to the tv and you can watch freesat directly without a sky box or any other equipment.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom