Can anyone suggest a new Panasonic VCR with SCART?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Vladi, May 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Vladi

Vladi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've decided to buy PANASONIC NV-FJ730EU VCR, but found out that it does not have a SCART output, which I need to connect/pass through the DVD player (Pioneer DV-565A) I am going to buy as well.
    Can anyone suggest same level VCR (preferrably Panasonic) which has a SCART output?
    And yet another question: Is there VCRs that output SCART RGB?
    Thank you.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,478
    Hi Vladi, where abouts in this wide world are you? The reason I ask is that in the UK (where this forum is based) and most of Europe just about all VCR's have scart sockets.

As for a VCR that outputs RGB, well they do not exist. A standard VCR will only output a composite signal, but an SVHS VCR will also output S-Video. Most VCR's will however pass-through RGB if a DVD etc is connected to the VCR's scart input.

Mark.

3. Vladi

Vladi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark!
    You are right - I am in God-forgotten Ukraine (although technically in Europe, but you know...).
    The PANASONIC NV-FJ730EU VCR that is sold here does not have SCART connection and that's why I'm asking.
    By the way - I plan to pass a composite signal from vcr through dvd (Pioneer DV-565A) to TV - do you know whether it will work, or will I have to change every time to Composite in the dvd settings to watch my vcr?

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,478
    Certainly in the UK a TV scart socket that is RGB compatable will also work with composite, so hopefully it will be the same for your TV.

Mark.

5. Vladi

Vladi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx a bunch, Mark!
    What about my VCR choice - do you 'approve'? Can you suggest something else?

6. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,478
    Well if you look at my sig below you will see tha I also have a Panasonic VCR. Another good make here in the UK is JVC.

Mark.

7. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    You don't actually need a VCR with a SCART. SCART is just a (convenient, some might say) way of gathering together the various signals (video audio left & right etc) into one cable and plug.

An alternative, for a VCR that has only separate sockets (usually RCA phono sockets) for its signal outputs, is either

- a cable terminated at one end with a SCART plug and at the other with a set of RCA phono plugs....like this one

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=040510125416581&moduleno=1041

OR

- a cable with RCA phono plugs at either end and a SCART adaptor plug.....like this

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=040510125416581&moduleno=13372

8. Vladi

Vladi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you all,
    What can you say about S-VHS JVC HR-S 5965 E (if you know it) compared to the mentioned above Panasonic?
    What is a Nicam decoder? Is it necessary in our "sad reality"?

9. Vladi

Vladi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By the way, does anyone know cables from company called Bandridge?
    Are they good quality - the regular ones, not the Profigold series?