Can anyone show off their disc storage shelving?

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

Moved house. In the last house, I had some Billy book cases from Ikea. Not sure if they're built a little better now as mine were the years old plus, and sagging.

New house. I've boarded my garage and I'm looking for storage. I'm going to get a local joiner in to give an idea of costs, but wondered if any fine folks here have some set ups to show off for storage? I have around 200 UHD's, 1200 blu's, 400 laserdisc, no idea on CD's and DVD's (not sure I want to know) so looking for big ideas!

I saw these on Amazon which looked interesting for a cheap option.

But yeah, looking for inspiration please folks. Show it off.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
We got a joiner in and had the walk in/ AV cupboard made for storage etc. The shelving runs around on to the door side.
20170522_205037.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-222432_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-222426_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-222457_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200109-222442_Gallery.jpg

That looks excellent. Are they floating shelves please?

I would say yes, all made from scratch, took about a day, 2 including fitting the door .

I have moved most of my DVD's into the loft. An electricity and heating piping cupboard at the back of the room is my current film storage, I am using a unit in the room above for overflow, wish I had two of these

Cineme storage 1-9513538.jpg

Cineme storage 2-9513540.jpg

Ikea Gnedby units, loads of them :)

BAE41558-53F4-4654-9596-D25778DBF9DB.jpeg
7BB7447B-DF16-4868-8D37-FFC1AD640AE7.jpeg

Unfortunately they’re no use for your laserdiscs because they’re only 17cm deep.

Ikea Gnedby units, loads of them :)

View attachment 1250222View attachment 1250223

Unfortunately they’re no use for your laserdiscs because they’re only 17cm deep.
I’m looking at these for my collection. If it’s not too much trouble, would you be able to confirm in CMs the height of the recess at the rear of the base for the skirting board? Very much appreciated if you can, save me a long round trip to my closest store!

I’m looking at these for my collection. If it’s not too much trouble, would you be able to confirm in CMs the height of the recess at the rear of the base for the skirting board? Very much appreciated if you can, save me a long round trip to my closest store!

Evenin’ Sir

I’m so sorry, I missed the Alert with your question. The recess is 8cm high and just under 2cm deep. It’s shorter than my skirting board so I ended up joining each unit on top with some duct tape to keep them in line.

Evenin’ Sir

I’m so sorry, I missed the Alert with your question. The recess is 8cm high and just under 2cm deep. It’s shorter than my skirting board so I ended up joining each unit on top with some duct tape to keep them in line.
Thanks mate, that is quite low but I think I’ll go for them, they seem to fit the bill best and are pretty cost effective. Who on earth has a skirting board 8cm high, come on!? Did you fix yours to the wall?

I probably should have, but didn’t, they’re pretty stable.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom