Seems ideal if you can get your Sony repaired and wait. It is known that the 2.1 upgrade will be at dealer level at least so shipping it to an authorised dealer is all that’s needed…Since my Sony STR-DG2100 has lost center channel in 2 of 3 HDMI ports, I need to purchase now unfortunately as the Fall seems the next right buying time.
I’m trying to find a local repair shop which would allow me to wait, but I f Arcam will provide 2.1 boards to local repair shops, then I’ll get the AVR10 now, upgrade it when available. I have a support ticket into Acram now. I’ll post any new info. Thanks
Complete guess territory here so please, pinch of salt! I can’t imagine the HDMI upgrade will be less than a few hundred pounds/dollars at best. Keep this in mind if you’re going to purchase something like the AVR10 imminently where the upgrade might end up being a substantial amount of the original AVR10 cost VS waiting as Krobar suggests above for the inclusion later this year/early Q1 2022, likely for the same amount you’d buy one for today.