can anyone remember how the 2016 sets prices changed

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
before the 2017 sets launched?

Specifically i am looking at the Sony 75XE9005..... my house is currently a building site so now is not the ideal time to buy, however for a short time last night it was for sale for 2599.00 with 2% top cash back on top.

of course i procrastinated and it was back up to 2799 this morning.
on one hand as the XF sets get close to release people will get rid of stock, on the other hand Sony wont be making them any more and I do not want to be stuck with only able to buy a brand new XF set for the 4000 quid which i am fearing they may launch at.

ideally 2500 is my absolute max - but 2599 i could have stretched too.. and my set is already 70 inch so do not really want to go backwards.

Thanks for thoughts... i know it is just a game of chicken / poker now, knowing when to go all in and buy.

Its the cheapest around match-april, at 75inch its not every popular size. you probably dont have to worry running out of stock if you dont push it after may/june.

next time you can alway as John lewis to price match if you cant decide. as it hold the price 28 days for you and 28 day after you bought the TV.

You can use pricespy to see previous model trends. For instance the kd75xd9405 dropped to its lowest in may and then again in July/august

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom