Can anyone recommned a good 1TB external Hard Drive

digital zombie

Hi guys, not sure this is the right place but can some one please tell me what you think of these few different external hard drives. its just i have heard that some of these hard drives do not have very good power supplies?

BUY THE SEAGATE Home storage ONLINE AT PC WORLD.

BUY THE Iomega Home storage ONLINE AT PC WORLD.

BUY THE WD Home storage ONLINE AT PC WORLD.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-4435.aspx

i would just like some general comments and help

Thanks.

potatouk

Standard Member
Hi guys, not sure this is the right place but can some one please tell me what you think of these few different external hard drives. its just i have heard that some of these hard drives do not have very good power supplies?

BUY THE Iomega Home storage ONLINE AT PC WORLD.

BUY THE WD Home storage ONLINE AT PC WORLD.

Western Digital Elements 1TB desktop hard drive - Tesco.Direct

i would just like some general comments and help

Thanks.
I have always been a fan of WD but thats only because I have never had one fail on me. In reality it doesn't really make much difference all drives have a similar fail rate as far as I am aware. The PSU issue I think was with some WD drives the ones I have got 3 of in fact (Elements range) and all mine have worked fine for probably about 6 monthes now.

I would go of cost and asthetics really, if it breaks they are covered by a 12 month warranty sometimes more.

Digitalism09

Standard Member
About a month ago I was in the same situation you were in. I eventually settled on the Samsung StoryStation:

Samsung 1TB External Hard Drive Hi Speed USB - Retail Story Station - Ebuyer

Like you I saw a lot of negative reviews for some of the cheaper external harddrives out there, particularly Seagate and Western Digital, so I decided to spend just a little bit more to get a quality harddrive which would last me. It's very nice looking in the flesh if that is an important consideration for you, it is extremely quiet and has a nice dimmer/on/off switch on the front which is handy as I use it for backing up once a week.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom