Can anyone recommend somewhere for me to buy a DPF?

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
Hi guys the dpf on my Vito van is full and needs sorting as it has gone past the point of forced regeneration. I don't fancy paying an insane amount for a replacement from Mercedes. Any recommendations? I've seen them quite cheap online from a couple of places but am not sure if they're any good or just cheap things that will go wrong within a month or so. Any advice appreciated.
Cheers.

sparkie1984

Distinguished Member
I think some places offer a dpf cleaning service although how good they'll be who knows!

May get you out of trouble

outoftheknow

Yep try a cleaning service first. If I was looking for new I would check for OEM - as in the ones Mercedes use - if I didn't get Mercedes to do it. Merely because this part 'may' affect the engine and if anything ever goes wrong in the future that Mercedes can blame on your third party spare part, they won't be looking to be nice about the bill. They charge like a wounded rhino at the best of times but I personally wouldn't be giving them something the can use or misuse in the future.

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
I've tried to get it cleaned already but the van just cut out. The garage said it is too full to clean.
The van isn't under warranty anyway so I don't have to worry about Mercedes honouring anything like that.

un1eash

Distinguished Member
You need to remove it to get it cleaned properly.

sparkie1984

Distinguished Member
I think your garage were on about the van doing a regen as it cutting out wouldn’t be applicable if it’s been taken off

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom