• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

can anyone recommend me what game mode to rack up decent kills

meweavy

Distinguished Member
im bored to death with team deathmatch which is all i play.

can anyone recommend me a game mode to rack up decent kills.i want to get my k/d ratio to 1.(its currently 0.88),but team death match is quite trickey to knock up a decent k.d ratio unless youre a camper or sniper imo.

what game modes are the best to get decent kills.

i had a go at capture the flag earlier i quite enjoyed.

any other decent modes to recommend.

sunnysunnysunny

Domination and Demolition, both great modes for getting kills :thumbsup:

Also you could try Search and Destroy - respawning is off until the next round, so as long as you get at least one kill before you die in each round, that's a 1.00 K/D :smashin:

meweavy

Distinguished Member
Domination and Demolition, both great modes for getting kills :thumbsup:

Also you could try Search and Destroy - respawning is off until the next round, so as long as you get at least one kill before you die in each round, that's a 1.00 K/D :smashin:

ok ,cheers.i,ll try domination and demolition first.

wbabbington

Try Sabotage as well. Providing the game goes the distance then there's scope for some big kill numbers.

Or in my case plenty of scope for deaths!:rolleyes:

Fishgold

Domination is my game choice if I'm in the mood for racking up kills

Tall_Paul

Distinguished Member
The key to domination is playing it well, you want to capture A and B or C and B flags, always let the enemy have A or C. Also make sure none of your team enter the enemies spawn, doing this will mean the enemy will always spawn at the flag they hold, which means your team can sit just away from the flag area, pickng them off as they try and get out :smashin: You can lock down the whole map doing this, however if one of your team goes too deep into enemy spawn or caps the flag, the enemy will start spawning at the opposite flag, either A or C, so they'll spawn behind you.

Should be easy to get 20+ kills to single figure deaths this way, 30/40+ kills isn't too hard either :D

Demolition can be good, however when you're attacking it tends to be a scramble to get bombs planted, especially the 2nd one.

Fen Star

Why would you play another other game than TDM (FFA) if you're worried about kills? The others are objective games.
because people like to rack up kills in these modes while people are distracted with an objective because it makes them easier to shoot, but pretty much every game mode is filled with KDR whores so every mode pretty much turns into TDM anyway..

goldwater666

Why would you play another other game than TDM (FFA) if you're worried about kills? The others are objective games.

Thats a fair point OP.

If you want to improve your KDR, I find FFA good. Usually end up with a high positive KDR:smashin:

Domination when played as described by Tall Paul is also good.....but getting your team NOT to push on and capture the last flag can be a problem and you do feel like you are [-]camping[/-] defending a little bit, but its also good for getting kills.

If POINTS for ranking up is what you want then an average game of Demolition will rack up around 10k:smashin:(well so I have found)

Fmrl

because people like to rack up kills in these modes while people are distracted with an objective because it makes them easier to shoot, but pretty much every game mode is filled with KDR whores so every mode pretty much turns into TDM anyway..

In some game modes (eg. Demo) it's essential to get the kills so you can call in the killstreaks on the objectives.

fitzybhoy25

If POINTS for ranking up is what you want then an average game of Demolition will rack up around 10k:smashin:(well so I have found)

Would you say this is the best mode for ranking up?

I have played TDM exclusively since the game was released, very very rarely playing another.

Holding down a 2/1 KD just now and about to prestige for the 3rd time.

Ideally looking to batter through prestiges as fast as possible to get it out the way so I can concentrate on unlocking everything and basically getting 1000%

Is Demo the game mode to go for?

goldwater666

Would you say this is the best mode for ranking up?

I have played TDM exclusively since the game was released, very very rarely playing another.

Holding down a 2/1 KD just now and about to prestige for the 3rd time.

Ideally looking to batter through prestiges as fast as possible to get it out the way so I can concentrate on unlocking everything and basically getting 1000%

Is Demo the game mode to go for?

I can only speak for myself and I do not have a positive KDR as you do:cool:

TDM games average around 3.5 - 4k in points with match bonus

Demoltion games average out around 8.5k - 10k with bigger match bonus, even if you loose.

Demo games can be over very quick though and you are back down at 3k in points again - or much less.

Had a game of Sabotage yesterday, won the game and got 402 points:rotfl:...I had the highest kills / kill streak too:eek:

All approximate averages of course:smashin:

Malky1903

pretty much every game mode is filled with KDR whores so every mode pretty much turns into TDM anyway..
This is exactly why I mostly play TDM and FFA only. Fed up of seeing my team mates and the opposing team ignoring the objective and seem hellbent on just racking up their KD ratio.
I've gone off MW2 for now. Have just played [email protected] for the first time and quite enjoying it even though it's not as frantic as MW2. Also just got a hold of MW1 again too.

Valley

I usually get a positive KDR in FFA but rarely in anything else including TDM.

I can understand that in objective based games as that's usually what I'm pursuing rather than just kills but I have no idea why I can't achieve +KDR in TDM?

I can only assume it's the shoot anything that moves mentality in FFA ;)

meweavy

Distinguished Member
This is exactly why I mostly play TDM and FFA only. Fed up of seeing my team mates and the opposing team ignoring the objective and seem hellbent on just racking up their KD ratio.
I've gone off MW2 for now. Have just played [email protected] for the first time and quite enjoying it even though it's not as frantic as MW2. Also just got a hold of MW1 again too.

i got a little bored with mw2.played mw1.and throughly enjoyed it.although the lag was horrendous sometimes on mw1.

i did enjoy it though.when it works though.it is a great game.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom