Can anyone recommend me speakers for the following sperates system?

Unlight

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Im building up my system when I can afford in order to get good quality components (well, for the budget range!!)

At the moment I have the following :

Cambridge Audio Azur 640c
Cambridge Audio Azur 640a
Project Debut Phono SB turntable

Now, Ive got the speaker cable (QED silver anniversary) and am about to buy the speaker stands and equipment rack. The only thing I dont know what to buy is the last piece of the jigsaw - the speakers!

Ideally I want Standmounts as it will be in a reasonably small room.

At the moment, I dont know whether to go for the Monitor Audio Bronze B2 series that get such a good review for £200, or the Quad 11l for a pricier £350. The Quad 11l are my personal choice at the moment based on looks (look at that birds eye maple!!) and build quality alone, but in reviews ive read it says you need really good quality equipment to pair with it. Is my Azur 640 range good enough to get these speakers sounding good?

So, Monitor Audio, or the Quads?

Any help would be much appreciated!

I would go for the the Quad's, they will sustain an upgrade of amp or source

John

I have the Quads in Birds Eye Maple and they are stunning, I would recommend you arrange a real demo at you local dealers and have a good listen. I was going to get the Dynaudio 42, but had a demo of both and ended up with the quads.

As for equipment you don't need really good stuff for the quads, The setup you have will be more than OK. I had the thought that I am more likely to change the electrics than the speakers so get a really good pair that will last and will cope with a better Amp and Player in the future.

Oh and get good stands for the speakers, by the way not all bird eye maple is as grainy as in the quad photos, mine it is VERY light.

Best speakers I've heard on the Cambridge gear is the Epos M5- £350 so cheaper than the quad's and very lovely indeed. I also liked the Triangle Titus but this is an aquired taste.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom