can anyone recommend me some fps's

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
after a game like doom 3 but executed a bit better, a first person shooter with incredible graphics and a real variety of weaponry (a double barrel shotty would be nice :devil: ), the more scary the game the better, any recommendations guys?

cheers.

rickinyorkshire

Distinguished Member
Counter Strike source for mulitplayer, couple of shottys in there, but if you haven't played it before, prepare to be killed numerous times.

rondha

Half-Life 2 is the top at Metascore with score of 96 out of 100.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/pc/scores/

Be carefull, there is "user score" that also put Half-Life 2 at the top with score 9.2 out of 10,
but also put Counter-Strike Souce at the top with score 9.2 out of 10.

Usually Counter-Strike Souce is part of purchase of Half-Life 2, depends on what package you buy.
http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=220&cc=GB
http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=240&cc=GB

Counter-Strike Source will not make you bored (compared to Battlefield 2, Call of Duty 2, Deathmatch, Day of Defeat, Ghost recon, etc).
Probably this is because there is an SDK package that user can create their own maps and person models on their servers, so the maps are virtually unlimited. Secondly, you don't have to pay monthly to join servers like it's on other online video games.

For beginner there are some "noobs" server out there you can join, or train your self against the bots (computer) on your local server.

n.b.:
These are not the First version of Half-Life and Counter Strike, the engine (graphical objects processing) is different.

__

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Red Faction I + II

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
Cheers guys :smashin: :smashin: , stalker and fear are looking like the way to go, completed half life 2,vegas and the red faction games, and got source already- played it for a while and still not as good as i'd like to be. Think i'll go and buy either fear or stalker tomorrow :thumbsup: .

Thanks.

semiskimmed

Distinguished Member
ive never been so engrossed in a PC game as i was with condemned on the PC (for a long time anyways, since HL1 maybe). from start to finish, it was amazing. this is purely a single player experience though, if its multiplayer then the ones mentioned above are great. id also recommend day of defeat:source too :)

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
ive never been so engrossed in a PC game as i was with condemned on the PC (for a long time anyways, since HL1 maybe). from start to finish, it was amazing. this is purely a single player experience though, if its multiplayer then the ones mentioned above are great. id also recommend day of defeat:source too :)

i'll definetely give it a look, not into my multiplayer so much so im really after a good single player, sounds like it fits the bill. :smashin:

cheers.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
Another vote for Far Cry, revisited it today when I couldn't get on the net, is good but a bit easy 2nd time around, waiting on the expansion pack but it seems to be on the never-never.

Liam

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom